Next weekends UFC Fight Night 177 main event has been postponed after Glover Teixeira tested positive for COVID-19.
Teixeira had been scheduled to face Thiago Santos in a light heavyweight title eliminator but their September 12th bout will now be rescheduled to a three-round fight with October 3rd the targeted date per ESPN.
With the originally scheduled headliner off the card, the co-main event between Michelle Waterson and Angela Hill will become a five-round main event per Ariel Helwani.
Michelle Waterson x Angela Hill will be the new UFC main event on Sept. 12, sources say. Five-round fight. It’s getting bumped up to the headliner spot after the original main — Glover Teixeira x Thiago Santos — was canceled earlier this week after Teixeira tested + for COVID.
— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) September 4, 2020
UFC Fight Night 177 is now currently slated to feature:
- Michelle Waterson vs. Angela Hill
- Roxanne Modafferi vs. Andrea Lee
- Khama Worthy vs. Ottman Azaitar
- Matt Schnell vs. Tyson Nam
- Roosevelt Roberts vs. Matt Frevola
- Sijara Eubanks vs. Julia Avila
- Alan Patrick vs. Bobby Green
- Bryan Barberena vs. Anthony Ivy
- Ed Herman vs. Mike Rodríguez
- Frank Camacho vs. Brok Weaver
- Sabina Mazo vs. Justine Kish
- Tagir Ulanbekov vs. Bruno Gustavo da Silva