Paige VanZant’s return to the Octagon will have to be postponed.
As first reported by Combate, VanZant has been forced to withdraw from her scheduled bout with Amanda Ribas after suffering an undisclosed injury. As a result of her unavailability, Randa Markos will now step-in for the March 14th event in Brasilia, Brazil.
Markos (10-7-1) last competed in October 2019 where she picked up a split decision win against Ashley Yoder. The Iraqi-Canadian fighter has struggled for consistency throughout her professional career as she has yet to record two or more wins in a row since 2013.
Ribas (8-1) meanwhile has won her last three fights, two of which coming under the UFC banner. The Brazilian fighter most recently handed Mackenzie Dern her first professional loss in October, subsequently entering the UFC’s top 15 contenders at strawweight.
UFC: Brasilia is now set to feature:
- Kevin Lee vs. Charles Oliveira
- Demian Maia vs. Gilbert Burns
- Renato Moicano vs. Damir Hadzovic
- Nikita Krylov vs. Johnny Walker
- Jussier Formiga vs. Brandon Moreno
- Randa Markos vs. Amanda Ribas
- Aleksei Kunchenko vs. Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos
- Francisco Trinaldo vs. John Makdessi
- Enrique Barzola vs. Rani Yahya
- Veronica Macedo vs. Bea Malecki
- Maryna Moroz vs. Mayra Bueno Silva
- Su Mudaerji vs. Bruno Silva