An all top 15 featherweight clash has been scrapped from the UFC schedule for later in January.
As first reported by MMAJunkie, the current #10 ranked featherweight contender Josh Emmett has been forced out of his January 25th bout with Arnold Allen thanks to an undisclosed injury.
Due to UFC Fight Night 166 rapidly approaching, it is uncertain whether the UFC will look to find a late-notice replacement for the #15 ranked Allen or look to re-schedule the bout for later in the year.
Allen (15-1) had been set to meet his first ranked opponent in the UFC against Emmett after putting together a six-fight winning streak inside the Octagon. The Englishman most recently competed at UFC 239 in July 2019 where he defeated former UFC title challenger and Strikeforce champion Gilbert Melendez via unanimous decision.
Emmett (15-2) meanwhile had been hoping to put together a three-fight winning streak after back-to-back stoppage wins over Michael Johnson and Mirsad Bektic.
UFC Fight Night 166 is now slated to feature:
- Curtis Blaydes vs. Junior Dos Santos
- Michael Chiesa vs. Rafael dos Anjos
- Jordan Espinosa vs. Alex Perez
- Hannah Cifers vs. Angela Hill
- Jamahal Hill vs. Darko Stosic
- Justine Kish vs. Lucie Pudilova
- Bevon Lewis vs. Dequan Townsend
- Felipe Colares vs. Montel Jackson
- Lina Lansberg vs. Sara McMann
- Brett Johns vs. Tony Gravely
- Herbert Burns vs. Nate Landwehr
- Nik Lentz vs. Nad Narimani