A flyweight title eliminator has been set for UFC: Brasilia which will pit veteran vs. prospect.
Announced via a press release on Thursday, current #2 ranked contender Jussier Formiga will take on the #5 ranked Brandon Moreno at UFC Fight Night 170 on March 14th.
Formiga (23-6) most recently saw a four-fight winning streak come to an end in June as Joseph Benavidez scored a second-round TKO over the Brazilian.
Moreno (16-5-1) meanwhile will look to extend his two-fight unbeaten run since rejoining the promotion in 2019. Earning a split draw in his first fight back in the UFC against the undefeated Askar Askraov, the 26-year old Moreno more recently won a unanimous decision against Kari-Kara France at UFC 245.
UFC Fight Night 170 is now currently slated to feature:
- Jussier Formiga vs. Brandon Moreno
- Johnny Walker vs. Nikita Krylov
- Brad Tavares vs. Antônio Carlos Júnior
- Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs. Alexey Kunchenko
- Paige VanZant vs. Amanda Ribas
- Rani Yahya vs. Enrique Barzola
- Veronica Macedo vs. Bea Malecki
- Carlos Felipe vs. Jeff Hughes
- Maryna Moroz vs. Mayra Bueno Silva