After a proposed UFC 243 bout fell apart through injury, Holly Holm vs. Raquel Pennington has found a new place on the promotion’s schedule.
Per a report by MMAJunkie, Holm will face off against Raquel Pennington for the second time in her career after both fighters have agreed to a fight at UFC 246 on January 18th. Holm and Pennington had been initially booked for UFC 243 in October, but a hamstring injury sustained by Holm forced the contest to be sidelined.
Holm (12-5) suffered defeat in her last outing as she was on the receiving end of a first-round TKO loss to bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes at UFC 239. ‘The Preacher’s Daughter’ has gone 5-5 under the UFC banner, starting her UFC career with a split decision win over Pennington in February 2015.
Pennington (10-7) meanwhile ended a two-fight losing streak in her most recent fight with a split decision win over Irene Aldana at UFC on ESPN 4. ‘Rocky’ has gone 7-4 since joining the UFC in 2013 and also similarly suffered defeat at the hands of Nunes in a bantamweight title fight.
UFC 246 in Las Vegas is now currently scheduled to feature:
- Conor McGregor vs. Donald Cerrone
- Holly Holm vs. Raquel Pennington
- Anthony Pettis vs. Diego Ferreira
- Claudia Gadelha vs. Alexa Grasso
- Tim Elliott vs. Askar Askarov
- Andre Fili vs. Sodiq Yusuff
- Maycee Barber vs. Roxanne Modafferi
- Aleksei Oleinik vs. Maurice Greene
- Drew Dober vs. Nasrat Haqparast
- Grant Dawson vs. Chas Skelly