A high-ranking flyweight contest has been added to an ever-growing UFC 246.
Confirmed by Tim Elliott himself on his Instagram page, the former flyweight title challenger will take on the undefeated Askar Askarov on January 18th at the Las Vegas show.
Elliott (15-9-1) has exchanged wins and losses since rejoining the UFC in 2016. After winning The Ultimate Fighter: Tournament of Champions, Elliott would unsuccessfully challenge Demetrious Johnson for the 125 lbs title in his second UFC debut. Most recently, Elliott suffered a submission loss to Deiveson Figueiredo at UFC Fight Night 161 in October. Elliott is currently ranked as the #8 flyweight contender.
Askarov (10-0-1) meanwhile has remained undefeated throughout his professional MMA career. After a successful run as ACB flyweight champion, Askarov joined the UFC earlier this year making his debut in September. ‘Bullet’ would go on to fight to a split draw against Brandon Moreno at UFC Fight Night 159 and as a result is currently ranked as the #12 flyweight contender.
UFC 246 is now scheduled to feature:
- Conor McGregor vs. Donald Cerrone
- Anthony Pettis vs. Diego Ferreira
- Claudia Gadelha vs. Alexa Grasso
- Tim Elliott vs. Askar Askarov
- Andre Fili vs. Sodiq Yusuff
- Maycee Barber vs. Roxanne Modafferi
- Aleksei Oleinik vs. Maurice Greene
- Drew Dober vs. Nasrat Haqparast
- Grant Dawson vs. Chas Skelly