A high-ranking featherweight match-up has been added to UFC: Raleigh in early 2020.
Confirmed through the UFC Europe Twitter account, the current #10 ranked featherweight contender Josh Emmett will take on the #14 ranked Arnold Allen on January 25th.
Six fight win streak! 🏴
— UFC Europe (@UFCEurope) November 27, 2019
Emmett (15-2) is currently on a two-fight winning streak at 145 lbs and has won four of his last five bouts under the UFC banner. After suffering facial injuries in a 2018 loss to Jeremy Stephens that kept him out of competition for over a year, Emmett has since won back-to-back fights via stoppage against Michael Johnson and Mirsad Bektic.
Allen (15-1) meanwhile is undefeated in his last eight outings including all six of his fights for the UFC. The 25-year old Englishman last competed at UFC 239 in July where he recorded a unanimous decision win over former Strikeforce and WEC champion Gilbert Melendez.
UFC Fight Night 167 is now scheduled to feature:
- Curtis Blaydes vs. Junior Dos Santos
- Frankie Edgar vs. Cory Sandhagen
- Michael Chiesa vs. Rafael dos Anjos
- Arnold Allen vs. Josh Emmett
- Lina Lansberg vs. Sara McMann
- Justine Kish vs. Lucie Pudilova
- Brett Johns vs. Tony Gravely
- Alen Amedovski vs. Bevon Lewis
- Jamahal Hill vs. Darko Stosic
- Felipe Colares vs. Montel Jackson
- Herbert Burns vs. Nate Landwehr
- Brianna Van Buren vs. Hannah Cifers