Less than 48 hours after knocking out former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski, Jairzinho Rozenstruik has accepted his next big challenge on short notice.
As first reported by ESPN’s Brett Okamoto per UFC president Dana White, Rozenstruik will replace Walt Harris and take on Alistair Overeem on December 7th in Washington D.C at UFC on ESPN 7.
Breaking: Jairzinho Rozenstruik will replace Walt Harris against Alistair Overeem on Dec. 7 in Washington DC, per UFC president Dana White. Rozenstruik, of course, is just 48 hours removed from knocking out Andrei Arlovski at UFC 244. pic.twitter.com/3cJyjoawy4
— Brett Okamoto (@bokamotoESPN) November 5, 2019
Rozenstruik (9-0) scored a first-round KO against Arlovski at UFC 244 on Saturday, his eighth career KO win. The Surinamese heavyweight has won all three of his UFC bouts via stoppage after making his promotional debut in February of this year.
Overeem (45-17, 1 NC) meanwhile is on a two-fight winning streak, last competing against Aleksei Oleinik in April where he recorded a first-round KO win. The former Strikeforce and DREAM champion has gone 10-6 since joining the UFC in 2011 with all of his promotional losses coming via KO/TKO.
UFC on ESPN 7 is now scheduled to feature:
- Alistair Overeem vs. Jair Rozenstruik
- Cody Stamann vs. Song Yadong
- Rob Font vs. Ricky Simon
- Cynthia Calvillo vs. Marina Rodriguez
- Yana Kunitskaya vs. Aspen Ladd
- Ben Rothwell vs. Stefan Struve
- Carlos Condit vs. Mickey Gall
- Chris Fishgold vs. Billy Quarantillo
- Virna Jandiroba vs. Livinha Souza
- Thiago Alves vs. Tim Means
- Bryce Mitchell vs. Matt Sayles
- Joe Solecki vs. Matt Wiman