Despite reports surfacing last week that Kai Kara-France would face Sergio Pettis in December, Kara-France will now face off against a different flyweight contender.
Pettis had been expected to take on Kara-France at UFC 245 on December 14th but following confirmation by ESPN, Pettis will now enter free agency following the end of his UFC contract.
As a result of Pettis’ decision to search for another deal, Kara-France will now take on ‘The Assassin Baby’ Brandon Moreno at the Las Vegas event per the New Zealand Herald.
Kara-France (20-7, 1 NC) will enter UFC 245 on an eight-fight winning streak including his 3-0 UFC record. The New Zealander joined the UFC last year and has since defeated Elias Garcia, Raulian Paiva and Mark de la Rosa via decision.
Moreno (15-5-1) meanwhile re-joined the UFC earlier this year following a brief hiatus away from the promotion where he won the LFA 125 lbs title. Now with the UFC’s flyweight division back in full effect, Moreno fought the undefeated Askar Askarov to a split draw last month.
UFC 245 is now scheduled to feature:
- Kamaru Usman (c) vs. Colby Covington – welterweight title fight
- Max Holloway (c) vs. Alexander Volkanovski – featherweight title fight
- Amanda Nunes (c) vs. Germaine de Randamie – bantamweight title fight
- Brandon Moreno vs. Kai Kara-France
- Robbie Lawler vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio
- Jessica Eye vs. Viviane Araujo
- Matt Brown vs. Ben Saunders
- Oskar Piechota vs. Punahele Soriano