The UFC’s return to Madison Square Garden has added another important bout to its ranks.
As first reported by Newsday, former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski will take on Jairzinho Rozenstruik at UFC 244 on November 2nd.
Arlovski (28-18, 2 NC) snapped a three-fight losing streak in his last outing as he earned a unanimous decision win over Ben Rothwell at UFC on ESPN 4 in July. ‘The Pitbull’ had dropped three consecutive decisions prior to defeating Rothwell in addition to a no-contest bout with Walt Harris. The 40-year old Bulgarian claimed the UFC heavyweight title early in his career as he was promoted to full champion following an interim title win and defence against Tim Sylvia and Justin Eilers in 2005.
Rozenstruik (8-0) meanwhile has remained undefeated throughout his short MMA career including a 2-0 UFC record. The 31-year old has won seven of his eight wins via KO with his latest victory coming via a nine-second KO over Allen Crowder in June.
- Jorge Masvidal vs. Nate Diaz
- Kelvin Gastelum vs. Darren Till
- Blagoy Ivanov vs. Derrick Lewis
- Corey Anderson vs. Johnny Walker
- Katlyn Chookagian vs. Jennifer Maia
- Vicente Luque vs. Stephen Thompson
- Krzysztof Jotko vs. Edmen Shahbazyan
- Lyman Good vs. Chance Rencountre
- Julio Arce vs. Hakeem Dawodu
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Jair Rozenstruik