Holly Holm’s next fight will have a familiar feeling for the former UFC bantamweight champion.
Per a report by ESPN, Holm will face off against Raquel Pennington for the second time in her career after both fighters verbally agreed to a fight at UFC 243. With the October 5th event set for Melbourne, Australia, the proposed bout will mark a return to the venue in which Holm claimed the UFC’s 135 lbs championship against Ronda Rousey in 2015.
Holm (12-5) suffered defeat in her last outing just one month ago as she was on the receiving end of a first-round TKO loss to bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes at UFC 239. ‘The PReacher’s Daughter’ has gone 5-5 under the UFC banner, starting her UFC career with a split decision win over Pennington in February 2015.
Pennington (10-7) meanwhile ended a two-fight losing streak in her most recent fight with a split decision win over Irene Aldana at UFC on ESPN 4. ‘Rocky’ has gone 7-4 since joining the UFC in 2013 and also similarly suffered defeat at the hands of Nunes in a bantamweight title fight.
UFC 243 is now currently scheduled to feature:
- Robert Whittaker (c) vs. Israel Adesanya (ic) – middleweight title unification fight
- Holly Holm vs. Raquel Pennington
- Tai Tuivasa vs. Sergei Spivak
- Megan Anderson vs. Zarah Fairn Dos Santos
- Nadia Kassem vs. Ji Yeon Kim
- Dhiego Lima vs. Luke Jumeau
- Justin Tafa vs. Yorgan De Castro