The UFC’s return to Abu Dhabi is slowly coming together as the September event added it’s chief supporting act.
Confirmed on the broadcast for this past weekend’s UFC 239, lightweight contenders Edson Barboza and Paul Felder will meet for the second time on September 7th in the co-main event.
— UFC Europe (@UFCEurope) July 7, 2019
Barboza (20-7) defeated Felder in their first meeting back in 2015 with the Brazilian emerging victorious via unanimous decision, a bout which earned ‘Fight of the Night’ honours. Since that 2015 bout, Barboza has gone 4-4 in the 155 lbs division and most recently suffered a KO loss to Justin Gaethje in March.
Felder (16-4) conversely will enter the Abu Dhabi event coming off of a win against James Vick in February. ‘The Irish Dragon’ is currently on a four-fight winning streak in the lightweight division but has had his overall run broken up by a loss to Mike Perry in a brief visit to the welterweight division.
UFC 242 will now feature:
- Khabib Nurmagomedov (c) vs. Dustin Poirier (ic) – lightweight unification title fight
- Edson Barboza vs. Paul Felder
- Curtis Blaydes vs. Shamil Abdurakhimov
- Joanne Calderwood vs. Andrea Lee
- Islam Makhachev vs. Davi Ramos
- Diego Ferreira vs. Mairbek Taisumov
- Belal Muhammad vs. Takashi Sato
- Ottman Azaitar vs. Teemu Packalen
- Bruno Silva vs. Khalid Taha
- Muslim Salikhov vs. Nordine Taleb
- Omari Akhmedov vs. Zak Cummings
- Don Madge vs. Magomed Mustafaev
- Sarah Moras vs. Liana Jojua