Just two weeks out from the event, UFC Fight Night 154 has a new co-main event after Cody Stamann was forced to withdraw through injury.
Confirming the bout change through the UFC’s social media, Rob Font will now take on short notice replacement John Lineker for the second time on June 22nd in Greenville, South Carolina.
— UFC Brasil (@UFCBrasil) June 5, 2019
Font (16-4) has gone 2-2 in his last four outings in the UFC, most recently picking up a unanimous decision win against Sergio Pettis in December 2018. The current #12 ranked bantamweight contender suffered defeat in his first meeting with Lineker, losing a unanimous decision at UFC 198.
Lineker (31-9) similarly has gone 2-2 in his most recent outings but found himself on the wrong side of a split decision in April against rising prospect Cory Sandhagen. The Brazilian’s loss to Sandhagen saw a two-fight winning snapped after ‘Hands of Stone’ defeated Marlon Vera and Brian Kelleher in back-to-back fights. Lineker is currently ranked #10 in the UFC’s 135 lbs rankings.
UFC Fight Night 154 is now scheduled to feature:
- Renato Moicano vs. Chan Sung Jung
- John Lineker vs. Rob Font
- Bryan Barberena vs. Randy Brown
- Montana De La Rosa vs. Andrea Lee
- Alessio Di Chirico vs. Kevin Holland
- Syuri Kondo vs. Ashley Yoder
- Kevin Aguilar vs. Dan Ige
- Luis Pena vs. Matt Wiman
- Allen Crowder vs. Jair Rozenstruik
- Ariane Lipski vs. Molly McCann
- Bruno Silva vs. Deron Winn
- Anderson dos Santos vs. Andre Ewell