Tyron Woodley’s first fight since losing his welterweight championship has been cancelled after suffering a hand injury.
With ESPN’s Brett Okamoto breaking the news, Woodley has reportedly been forced to withdraw from a scheduled main event bout with Robbie Lawler on June 29th.
Woodley is now expected to visit a hand specialist next week. The news of Woodley’s hand injury comes after the former champion suffered a disclosed thumb last year which ultimately required surgery. There is currently no timeframe for Woodley’s return to competition.
With Lawler now without an opponent for the headline act of UFC on ESPN 3, the UFC are currently seeking a replacement for the welterweight contest.
UFC on ESPN 3 is now slated to feature:
- Robbie Lawer vs. TBA
- Demian Maia vs. Anthony Rocco Martin
- Jussier Formiga vs. Joseph Benavidez
- Roosevelt Roberts vs. Vinc Pichel
- Sergio Pettis vs. Ricardo Ramos
- Drew Dober vs. Marco Polo Reyes
- Alonzo Menifield vs. Paul Craig
- Chas Skelly vs. Jordan Griffin
- Maurice Greene vs. Junior Albini
- Eryk Anders vs. Vinicius Moreira
- Jared Gordon vs. Dan Moret
- Justin Ledet vs. Dalcha Lungiambula
- Emily Whitmire vs. Amanda Ribas