Ricardo Lamas is all set for a hometown fight against a fellow top 15 featherweight contender.
As first reported by The Chicago Tribune, the #11 ranked Lamas will take on the #15 ranked Calvin Kattar at UFC 238 in Chicago on June 8th.
Lamas (19-7) most recently broke a two-fight losing streak as a third-round TKO over Darren Elkins at UFC Fight Night 140 ensured a return to the win column. Lamas is a former 145 lbs title challenger as he lost a unanimous decision to Jose Aldo in 2014 and ‘The Bully’ has gone 10-5 throughout his UFC tenure.
Kattar (19-3) meanwhile has only fought four times under the UFC banner and also bounced back from a loss in his latest outing. Following a decision loss to Renato Moicano at UFC 223, Kattar would go on to defeat Chris Fishgold via first-round TKO at UFC Fight Night 138 in October of last year.
UFC 238 is now currently scheduled to feature:
- Henry Cejudo (FlW c) vs. Marlon Moraes – vacant bantamweight title
- Valentina Shevchenko (c) vs. Jessica Eye – flyweight title fight
- Nina Ansaroff vs. Tatiana Suarez
- Katlyn Chookagian vs. Joanne Calderwood
- Blagoy Ivanov vs. Tai Tuivasa
- Calvin Kattar vs. Ricardo Lamas