Jose Aldo is all set for yet another opportunity to take out a rising prospect in the featherweight division.
Aldo (28-4) is currently on a two-fight winning streak since losing his featherweight title to Max Holloway and the subsequent rematch. The Brazilian has stopped both Jeremy Stephens and Renato Moicano in his first three-round fights since 2009. Aldo is set to retire from the sport at the end of 2019 and has made publicised his desire to fight out the last two fights on his UFC deal.
Volkanovski (19-1) most recently fought at UFC 232 in December where he became only the fourth fighter after Conor McGregor, Frankie Edgar and Aldo to defeat Chad Mendes. The Australian fighter successfully earned a second-round TKO over Mendes to extend his UFC record to 6-0 and his winning streak to 16.
UFC 237 is now currently set to feature:
- Rose Namajunas (C) vs. Jessica Andrade – women’s strawweight title fight
- Jose Aldo vs. Alexander Volkanovski
- Anderson Silva vs. Jared Cannonier
- Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Ryan Spann
- Bethe Correia vs. Irene Aldana
- Jessica Rose-Clark vs. Talita Bernardo
- Thiago Alves vs. Laureano Staropoli
- Wu Yanan vs. Luana Carolina