Heavyweight contenders Aleksei Oleinik and Walt Harris are on tap for a high-stakes contest according to reports.
As first reported by ESPN, the #9 ranked Oleinik and #14 ranked Harris are set to meet at UFC Fight Night 150 on May 4th in Ottawa, Canada.
Oleinik (57-11-1) is currently on a two-fight winning streak in the promotions heavyweight division after recording back-to-back submission wins over Junior Albini and Mark Hunt. The Russian fighter is widely renowned for his finishing ability having won all six of his UFC victories inside the distance and holds the record for most Ezekiel choke submissions in the sport of MMA with 11.
Harris (11-7,1 NC) meanwhile is currently suspended by USADA after having failed a post-fight drug test against Andrei Arlovski. Harris’ victory over Arlovski has since been ruled a no-contest but ‘The Big Ticket’ has seen his suspension reduced after being deemed to have proved his failed test stemmed from a tainted supplement.
UFC: Ottawa is now currently slated to feature:
- Aleksei Oleinik vs. Walt Harris
- Derek Brunson vs. Elias Theodorou
- Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Nordine Taleb
- Sarah Moras vs. Leah Letson
- Mitch Gagnon vs. Brian Kelleher
- Andrew Sanchez vs. Marc-Andre Barriault
- Arjan Bhullar vs. Juan Adams
- Aiemann Zahabi vs. Vince Morales
- Brad Katona vs. Merab Dvalishvili
- Kyle Nelson vs. Matt Sayles