After an injury to Ovince Saint Preux, two of the light heavyweight divisions biggest prospects are set to face off.
As first reported by MMAFighting, Brazilian knockout artist Johnny Walker will make a quick turnaround and take on Misha Cirkunov at UFC 235 on March 2nd.
Walker had campaigned for a fight with Cirkunov after Saint Preux’s injury became public on Saturday and the Brazilian fighter has now been given the go-ahead by the promotion.
Walker (16-3) is currently on an eight-fight win streak and has successfully won his first two UFC bouts via KO inside the first round. The 26-year old most recently competed at UFC: Fortaleza on February 2nd and recorded a spinning back fist knockout in just 15 seconds.
Cirkunov (14-4) meanwhile recovered from a two-fight losing streak in his last outing as the Latvian-Canadian fighter submitted Patrick Cummins in the first round last October. Cirkunov started his UFC career with four straight stoppage victories after signing with the promotion in 2015.
UFC 235 is now set to feature:
- Jon Jones (c) vs. Anthony Smith – light heavyweight title fight
- Tyron Woodley (c) vs. Kamaru Usman – welterweight title fight
- Robbie Lawler vs. Ben Askren
- Tecia Torres vs. Weili Zhang
- Cody Garbrandt vs. Pedro Munhoz
- Jeremy Stephens vs. Zabit Magomedsharipov
- Misha Cirkunov vs. Johnny Walker
- Alejandro Perez vs. Cody Stamann
- Diego Sanchez vs. Mickey Gall
- Edmen Shahbazyan vs. Charles Byrd
- Gina Mazany vs. Macy Chiasson
- Marlon Vera vs. Frankie Saenz
- Polyana Viana vs. Hannah Cifers