UFC 235 is quickly becoming one of the must-see events of the year as the UFC added another former champion to their March 2nd PPV.
As first reported by Brett Okamoto of ESPN, former bantamweight champion Cody Garbrandt will take on the #9 ranked Pedro Munhoz at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
Garbrandt (11-2) will enter the Octagon for the first time since a losing effort to regain his 135 lbs title against TJ Dillashaw at UFC 227. ‘No Love’ originally claimed the bantamweight title with a sensational performance against Dominick Cruz in 2016 but has since lost back-to-back fights against Dillashaw via KO.
Munhoz (17-3, 1 NC) meanwhile is on a two-fight winning streak and most recently defeated Bryan Caraway via first-round TKO in November. Since joining the UFC in 2014, the Brazilian fighter has gone 7-3 with one no contest and successfully finished 12 of his career wins inside the distance.
UFC 235 is now scheduled to feature:
- Jon Jones vs. Anthony Smith – light heavyweight title fight
- Tyron Woodley vs. Kamaru Usman – welterweight title fight
- Robbie Lawler vs. Ben Askren
- Cody Garbrandt vs. Pedro Munhoz
- Tecia Torres vs. Weili Zhang
- Diego Sanchez vs. Mickey Gall
- Holly Holm vs. Aspen Ladd
- Jeremy Stephens vs. Zabit Magomedsharipov
- Ovince Saint Preux vs. Misha Cirkunov