Lightweight prospect Gregor Gillespie has been added to the UFC’s debut show on ESPN+.
As first announced by Newsday, Gillespie is set to take on Yancy Medieros in the Hawaiian fighters return to the lightweight division.
Gillespie (12-0) is undefeated as a professional fighter and has gone 5-0 since joining the UFC in 2016. With all but one of his UFC fights ending inside the distance (two KO’s and two submissions), Gillespie last fought at UFC Fight Night 131 in June where he earned a second-round submission and performance of the night bonux against Vinc Pichel.
Medeiros (15-5, 1 NC) meanwhile will make his return to the 155 lbs division after a two-year stint as a welterweight. Medeiros earned three stoppage victories after moving up in weight class but most recently saw his win streak stopped inside round by Donald Cerrone in February.
UFC on ESPN+ is now scheduled to feature:
- Henry Cejudo (FlW C) vs. T.J. Dillashaw (BW C) – flyweight title fight
- Donald Cerrone vs. Alexander Hernandez
- Joseph Benavidez vs. Deiveson Figueiredo
- Paige VanZant vs. Rachael Ostovich
- Glover Teixeira vs. Ion Cuțelaba
- Gregor Gillespie vs. Yancy Medeiros
- Joanne Calderwood vs. Ariane Lipski
- Randy Brown vs. Chance Rencountre
- Thomas Almeida vs. Cody Sandhagen
- Belal Muhammad vs. Geoff Neal
- Allen Crowder vs. Greg Hardy
- Alonzo Menifield vs. Vinicius Castro