The proposed champion vs. champion bout between flyweight champion Henry Cejudo and bantamweight champion TJ Dillashaw has been moved forward a week after the UFC struggled to find a main event for their first show on ESPN.
The flyweight title fight between Cejudo and Dillashaw had been expected to be the main event for UFC 233 on January 26th but according to ESPN, the fight will now headline the promotion’s debut on ESPN on January 19th.
With the moving of the main event, UFC 233 is now left without a marquee attraction. The UFC had reportedly wanted to book a welterweight title fight between Tyron Woodley and Colby Covington to the January 26th event but with the champion Woodley recovering from hand surgery, the bout is unable to come to fruition.
As a result of the flyweight title fight being rescheduled, the UFC’s ESPN debut show is now set to feature:
- Henry Cejudo (FlW C) vs. TJ Dillashaw (BW C) – flyweight title fight
- Paige VanZant vs. Rachael Ostovich
- Belal Muhammad vs. Geoff Neal
- Glover Teixeira vs. Ion Cuțelaba
- Greg Hardy vs. Allen Crowder
- Randy Brown vs. Chance Rencountre
- Joanne Calderwood vs. Ariane Lipski
- Alonzo Menifield vs. Vinicius Castro