After a year since the division was created by the UFC, the first women’s featherweight non-title bout has been set.
Confirmed by the UFC today, former UFC champion Holly Holm will take on former Invicta FC champion Megan Anderson at UFC 225 in Chicago, Illinois on June 9th.
— UFC (@ufc) April 12, 2018
Holm (11-4) most recently competed at UFC 219 in a losing effort to current UFC 145 lbs champion Cris Cyborg. Holm has held UFC gold in the past however and most famously became the first fighter to defeat Ronda Rousey in a near-flawless performance, emphasised with a second-round head kick knockout.
Anderson (8-2) meanwhile will make her UFC debut at the United Center and most recently fought in January of last year. The Australian fighter was scheduled to face off against Cyborg at UFC 214 but was forced to withdraw from the bout citing ‘personal reasons’. Anderson vacated the Invicta FC featherweight title as a result of signing with the UFC.
UFC 225 is now scheduled to feature:
- Robert Whittaker vs. Yoel Romero – UFC middleweight title fight
- Colby Covington vs. Rafael dos Anjos – UFC interim welterweight title fight
- Curtis Blaydes vs. Alistair Overeem
- CM Punk vs. Mike Jackson
- Megan Anderson vs. Holly Holm
- Joseph Benavidez vs. Sergio Pettis
- Carla Esparza vs. Claudia Gadelha
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Tai Tuivasa
- Rashad Evans vs. Anthony Smith
- Rashad Coulter vs. Allen Crowder
- Dan Ige vs. Mike Santiago