After extending his UFC unbeaten streak to four fights, Darren Till made the bold call out of Santiago Ponzinibbio in his post-fight interview. While the UFC haven’t quite acquiesced to the Scouser’s demands, however, the UFC are set to provide Darren Till with an equally tough challenge in the form of a fan favourite Cowboy.
First reported by MMAUNO.com, Darren Till is set to take on Donald Cerrone in the headline bout of the UFC’s return to Poland. The October 21st event has struggled with securing a headline bout but with Till riding high, the UFC are all set to announce UFC Gdansk’s welterweight main event.
Till (15-0-1) was in action as recent as this past weekend as the Liverpool-born fighter dominated Bojan Velickovic in a unanimous decision at UFC Fight Night 115.
Cerrone (32-9) meanwhile is currently on a two-fight losing streak having suffered back-to-back losses to Jorge Masvidal and Robbie Lawler but has long been a staple feature in the UFC’s rankings at both 155 and 170 lbs weight classes.
UFC Fight Night 118 is also set to feature:
- Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Jodie Esquibel
- Jan Błachowicz vs. Devin Clark
- Artem Lobov vs. Andre Fili
- Dmitry Smolyakov vs. Adam Wieczorek
- Ramazan Emeev vs. Trevor Smith
- Jonathan Wilson vs. Oskar Piechota
- Brian Kelleher vs. Damian Stasiak
- Marcin Held vs. Teemu Packalén