As UFC 215 sustains a tough blow, UFC 216 has added a burgeoning star.
Following news that Junior Dos Santos had been flagged by USADA for a potential violation, Francis Ngannou has officially been pulled from UFC 215 after the UFC were unable to find a short-notice replacement to take on the impressive heavyweight less than two weeks out from fight night.
Looking further down the line, however, UFC 216 has added a women’s flyweight bout between Paige VanZant and Jessica Eye for the October 7th event.
VanZant (7-3) has often been showcased by the UFC but is currently 1-2 in her last three bouts having seen a stunning knockout of Bec Rawlings come between losses to Michelle Waterson and Rose Namajunas. VanZant will now move up in weight to the UFC’s newly created flyweight division.
Eye (12-5, 1 NC) meanwhile will drop down a weight class after having gone 1-5 and 1 no contest in her UFC tenure.
UFC 216 is now scheduled to feature:
- Tony Ferguson vs. Kevin Lee
- Fabricio Werdum vs. Derrick Lewis
- Paige VanZant vs. Jessica Eye
- Walt Harris vs. Mark Godbeer
- Beneil Dariush vs. Evan Dunham
- Will Brooks vs. Nik Lentz
- Tom Duquesnoy vs. Cody Stamann
- Pearl Gonzalez vs. Poliana Botelho
- Bobby Green vs. Lando Vannata
- John Moraga vs. Magomed Bibulatov
- Thales Leites vs. Brad Tavares
- Matt Schnell vs. Marco Beltran